Monday, November 21, 2011

A Crafty Thanksgiving Feast!

Last Friday I attended my daughter's Kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast.  It was blast!  I have to make mention of the craftiness that was used for their feast attire.  All the kids had made their own Indian vest and headdress as well as a Thankful place-mat.  In a previous post you will find instructions and materials needed for the Indian headdress.





Make Thanksgiving fun this year for the kids by allowing them to decorate their own Thanksgiving table.  Notice the place-mat.  It is a turkey cut-out with feathers that state what the kids are thankful for.  My precious Katy is thankful for her Mommy and Daddy.  As I type this tears are filling my eyes.  I love it!  Along the tables are pumpkins.  I would suggest letting each child decorate their very own pumpkin in a Thanksgiving theme.  Also as a table decoration you have the Pilgrim cut-outs, which each child has colored.  Not only is this fun, but think about the extra time you'll have preparing your Thanksgiving feast while the kids are busy working on their very own decorations.  Nothing motivates a child more than feeling like they are responsible for something, especially when it's fun for them! 



Here's to hoping you and yours have a happy, safe, and FUN for the kids Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment